October 29, 2010

the little things

I'm stealing this from a wonderful friend who posted about this very same thing but, on my very first day off, I am feeling very grateful about the little things in my life :)

Firstly, I am STILL up at 5:00 but it doesn't even bother me because productivity has set in! I have made the bed, cleaned up, done dishes, started laundry, made monkey bread for my Hubby's birthday, and it's just now only 6:00! I woke up planning to go right back to bed as soon as Ben left and the monkey bread was done but now I am taking advantage of all my free time (at least until 10) and catching up on all the shows I never get a chance to see. It's a sad thing to say but the only show I have managed to keep up on (and now finish) is Jersey Shore! I'm not gonna lie, we watched it religiously on Thursday nights and when I say "we" I mean Ben and myself! He loves it just as much as I do! But, now it's over and looking forward to season 3 :)

Anyway, my Mom and Grandma came to visit my kiddos yesterday! My Mom read them a Halloween book and then they got to see/feel the inside of a pumpkin! One of my wonderful parent's brought in cupcakes for the whole class too! They were super cute all Halloween decorated! Needless to say, we finished my week on a good note! Let's hope the sub today can say the same thing!! PS-Thanks Mom and Grandma!!

So, on with the little things...
*drinking coffee out of my beautiful mugs as opposed to a travel mug!
*breakfast that does not come out of a wrapper!
*staying up past 9 (maybe 9:30 on a crazy night :)!
*having a laminator that works laminates! Mardels here I come!
*dinner and exploring City Centre with my Hubbs
*doing my own laundry and therefore not getting things that are too small, too short, or different colors :)

Heading to Galveston today for the weekend!! See ya on Monday with pictures!

No comments: