October 26, 2010

From August to October...

So, I know I have been an awful blog poster but I'm going to use the first-year teacher excuse. I have been piled in work but it is slowly starting to get easier, less crazy, less stressful, etc. Just yesterday, I reached the Texas legal max of students in my classroom...22! I guess if they want to give me any more, they better give me an aide as well! So, my last post was before school started so I will pick up right where I left off...

My day begins at 5:10 AM (although today it began at 6 :/) and on the first day of school, my wonderful husband got up with me and took my "First Day of School" picture with my lunchbox!
I know I posted pictures of my classroom before I ever got my hands on it, so here are some more recently updated ones. It is MUCH messier in the real swing of things...


Since I'm on the subject of classrooms and such I will share some pictures that are a lot more recent. Last week, we finished studying maps so I had all of the kiddos bring in a pumpkin to paint into a globe! You will see one of them is still orange...he lost the privilege of painting his pumpkin blue but earned it back when we painted the continents the next day :)
That same week, we were talking about the states of matter, freezing, melting, etc. so on Friday we made ice cream in a Ziplock bag! I had never done this before so I had my doubts that it was going to work but lo and behold...it did! We had tasty vanilla ice cream for an afternoon snack! Luckily we have a back porch that we can use for messes like these.
So, those are all my exciting school adventures...my next post will be devoted to the things that I do outside of school (I promise they exist!! :) And, I'll give you an update on my husband since this blog is called The Webers. PS-we need a new name...this one is just not doing it for me!! Suggestions??

1 comment:

Katie said...

That is so wonderful Libbi! Your students are lucky to have you. And honestly, only 22 students?? You are definitely blessed. That was always a low number for me. I LOVE the globe pumpkins! Those are wonderful! And the ice cream in a bag is always a ton of fun and so "magical." So excited to see your classroom and hear your adventures. And yes, the first year gets better and better. And the 2nd will seem like a breeze!! Enjoy every second!