July 27, 2010

Sparkles, my BFFAE, babies, and Sushi!

Here are some pictures from my life lately...

My bes fran came and stayed the weekend with me when Ben was out of town (I'm a wimp) and we had a great time just hanging out! I will miss her greatly now that she lives 4 hours away in Dallas! But, on the bright side, we will be spending 5 days and 4 nights together in the great state of New York in December!

PS-we love wine :) and I love my colorful wine glasses even more!


After that was 4th of July! There was watermelon, fireworks, sparklers, the lake, and everything to make a perfect celebration weekend. Oh and Ben had his red shirt, so he was set :)





For dinner one night, Ben and I decided to make sushi! We both love sushi but have never actually made it! Well, our adventure started with me hitting up the Asian market (and we have one of those since we live in the ethnically diverse city of Houston). First of all, I felt SO awkward there. I was definitely the only white girl and I don't think I heard ANY English. It took me about an hour of shopping to find everything I needed. After all of it was said and done, it was VERY tasty! We are planning on making it again later this week since we have so many ingredients left!


And, last but not least, I went to a baby shower on Saturday and they had some of the cutest details I have ever seen! First of all, the cupcakes (courtesy of Lauren Wells) were adorable! The baby's room has a monkey theme so the cupcakes followed right along with that.


And secondly, Sarah and Melanie are amazing at making a simple little hor douvre look SO cute!


So, that has been my week :)

1 comment:

Audra Rose said...

Very cute, Libby!

-Audra