July 6, 2010

I am Employed!!!!!

So, I thought that my newest life achievement should be it's very own blog post! I GOT A JOB! Now, I knew that I would get a job eventually, but after applying, interviewing, e-mailing, etc. and not hearing anything from anyone, I was getting a little discouraged. But, I am the newest 1st grade teacher at Oates Elementary School in Houston ISD. At this point I am terrified and feel like I have so much to do to get ready for the year but I'm trying to take it day by day and get stuff little by little (today I got $0.24 binders at CVS...steal!!). I am very excited though! I know I was banking on getting Kindergarten but I really am excited to be in 1st grade! I just hope that I can find some good mentors at my new school!! I'll leave you with a picture of my new school!! :)

1 comment:

WigintonFamily said...

hooray! first grade is so important, you should be honored to teach it - you get to teach a bunch of little ones how to read! hope all goes well with you guys.

- stephanie